Friday, March 04, 2016

Dolores Huerta refutes claims by anti teacher union group




Samuel et al,
I am extremely disheartened and disappointed in the way you misrepresented the facts in order to get me to align with your organization and in particular the Vergara v. State of California lawsuit. I am now very much aware of your agenda and it is in direct conflict with my beliefs that every child deserves a quality teacher who understands our students’ issues while maintaining their job protections.
Having carefully reviewed the facts, I do NOT support the Vergara v. State of California lawsuit. That is why, effective immediately, I demand that you cease the use of my name and image on your website, studentsmatter.org, and all collateral digital platforms and materials.
Additionally, I will not sign on to the opinion editorial that you wrote and asked me to sign as author.
All my life I have worked to fight discrimination, uphold the rights of workers and improve social and economic conditions for our students and their families. I am not going to stop now by aligning myself with an organization that blatantly misrepresents the facts and pushes an agenda to strip workers of their rights for the financial gain of its backers.
Respectfully, Dolores Huerta 
See link below. 

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.