It's on us to pass Prop. 30 also.
The Nov. 1 Field Poll says that if the election were held today 48 % would vote Yes on Prop. 30 to fund schools, colleges and public services, 38 % would vote no, and 14 % are undecided. That is too close. We need your effort this weekend to get the 14 % to become a Yes vote. This vote is our best opportunity to reverse the austerity cycle of budgeting used in California for the last 4 years since the economic crisis.
Please act on this email. There is a list of 30 actions you can take this weekend.
The California Dream was built on a system of public schools and colleges that gave every Californian access to the education needed to get ahead.
Today, I’m asking you to join me in supporting Proposition 30 because we can’t keep cutting our schools and still keep the economy strong for the next generation.
With your YES vote on Prop. 30, we can:
▪ Stop another $6 billion in cuts to our schools this year.
▪ Prevent steep tuition hikes for college students and their families.
▪ Invest in our schools and colleges so we can prepare the next generation for the jobs of the future.
Let’s work together to invest in our children and a strong economy for California’s future.
Join me in voting YES on Prop. 30.
Here is what we need you to do:
Pick at least 4.
▪ Write a Letter to the Editor
▪ Call 30 people in the state to vote for Prop 30
▪ Before school, place Prop 30 signs at the corners of the school ground- public property
▪ Write everyone on your email list